|Ackland Art Museum|
- South Columbia St. and Franklin St. Chapel Hill, 919.966.5736. Picturing the World: Carolina's Celebrated Photojournalists is the first major exhibition of internationally recognized photojournalists who have studied at UNC-Chapel Hill's School of Journalism and Mass Communication.
Animation and Fine Art
- University Mall, Chapel Hill, 919.968.8008.
Pablo Picasso - Imaginary Portraits. Original works featuring Imaginary Portraits completed in the 1960's showing use of cubism and surrealism.
- 300-G East Main Street Carrboro, 919.929.2787.
Photography exhibit/ interactive installation: Because We're Still Here and Moving: Mapping a World of Black History in Our Own Backyard. The East End Gallery features Acrylic Paintings by ArtsCenter painting Instructor Juan DiGiulio.
Bagwell, Holt, Smith, Tillman & Jones, PA
- 400 Market Street, Suite 103, 919.932.2225.
Paintings by Cat Moleski - Bright, insightful and comtemplative work.
The Beehive Salon
- 102 E. Weaver Street, 919.932.4483.
Mixed media by Chief. Recent works in mixed media in tribute to the artist's new daughter.
- 1215A E. Franklin St., Chapel Hill, 919.942.2333.
Paintings by Lynne Clarke. Heavy texture, inclusion of divergent, interesting found materials, strong color, and the shape of mass and volume - all converge and flow. Come enjoy a glass of wine or beer, enjoy captivating art and discover this unique, national award winning Caffe, that has been featured on the Food Network.
Carrboro Century Center
- 100 N. Greensboro St. Carrboro, NC 27510, 919-918-7385
UNDER THE BIG BLUE SKY - Valerie Tan is a self-taught artist who has had a lifelong interest in the arts. She paints with acrylics and oilbars and has developed a naive style using "poster" colors and house/neighborhood themes.
Carrboro Town Hall
- 301 W. Main St., Carrboro, 919-942-8541
Photography of Dave Otto - Bolin Creek and Woodlands: Natural Treasures. The exhibit includes more than 40 prints of the creek, wildflowers, autumn foliage, critters and reflections. Pictures will be on sale with 25% donated to the Friends of Bolin Creek and 25% to the Carrboro Art Committee.
DeWitt Law, PLLC
- 118 E. Main St Suite A, Carrboro, 919.338.8200.
No show this month.
FedEx Global Education Center
301 Pittsboro Street , Chapel Hill, 919.962.2435.
The Faces of Child Trafficking. There are an estimated 27 million slaves living in the world today, the majority of them children. This exhibition shares the stories of children whose families sold them into slavery in Ghana's Volta Region.
Fifth Season Gardening Co.
106 South Greensboro St., Carrboro, 919.932.7600.
Call for info.
Fleet Feet Gallery
- 406 E Main St., Carrboro, 919.942.3102.
Jamie Nervo. The artist's work depicts life's everday events and characters with a twist, focusing on positive and light-hearted issues we encounter each day. Her whimsical satirical work looks at life in a patchwork of pleasant ideas and colors influenced by family, friends and strangers.
NC Crafts Gallery
- 212 W. Main St., Carrboro, NC 27510, 919.942.4048. The Road Home - New paintings by Chapel Hill artist Melissa L. Miller.
Open Eye Caf?
- 100-C E. Main St., Carrboro, 919.968.9410.
Paintings by Mary Charlton. Work reflects experiences and levels of emotions, dreams, environmental concerns, layered and uncovered yet left to interpretation. Side room features multimedia work by Miles Murray . Our space is larger than ever, featuring a new beer & wine list!
Turning Point Gallery
- University Mall, Chapel Hill, 919.967.0402.
Come Celebrate Mardi Gras! Mardi Gras is celebrated in cities all over the world. Join us for a weekend of color and pageantry in art with a big kickoff Friday night. Experience the color and pagentry of world renowned artists at Turning Point Gallery. Masks and beads provided.
Weaver St. Realty
- 116 E. Main Street, Carrboro, 919.929.5658.
Images from Chatahm County - b>Dwain Ritchie is a photographer living in Pittsboro, N.C, The photographs in this show reflects Dwain's love of nature, featuring flower macro photography, landscape photography, and other bizarre nature photos. Dwain also prints all of his photos at his studio in Chatham County.
You can print the 2ndFriday Artwalk map and brochure for ease in locating participating galleries. Transportation to the various venues is up to those attending. Brochures are available at any participating gallery.